TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Basketball > Otherhoops

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 06:35 AM   #51
Durbansandshark

Tonight the Phoenix plays their annual outdoor preseason game at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. The Dallas Mavericks, featuring Steve Nash's good friend and former teammates back then Dirk Nowitzki, will come join and play some ball with them. Again, TNT will broadcast the preseason game, which will also mark the return of Steve Nash as its analyst after his time as Suns' GM.

Kerr talks to Suns.com's Stefan Swiat soon after his resignation on the eve of tonight's game to reveal what's he has been up to since his resignation.
www.nba.com/suns/news/kerr_oneonone_101009.html

More will on the upcoming season with plenty of retrospection will hit next week
Old 15-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #52
Durbansandshark

15 days to the start of the Suns' home opener with the hope to "Beat LA"...

Please come visit the Suns Shop to get your Suns and Mercury merchandise here
http://store.shopsuns.com/

Staying with his love of soccer, Steve Nash gets himself prepared to challenge with Landon Donovan for EA Sports FIFA 11 with some hilarity along the way.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEb1iV3o4bc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-nstZzw3JQ

Steve Nash, a proud Canadian, and Ezra Holland got together to produce a doc for ESPN's 30 for 30 series about the inspirational and heartbreaking Canadian hero Terry Fox, a 21-year old from Vancouver, British Columbia (actually the nearby towns of Port Coquitlam and Surrey) who, after losing his right leg to cancer while a Simon Fraser student, started his nationwide Marathon of Hope in 1980 by running and hobbling with an artificial leg from St. John's, Newfoundland on April 12, 1980 at the easternmost part of Canada to hopefully Victoria, British Columbia to raise C$24 million (one dollar for each Canadian at the time) for cancer research. It started with little fanfare, lonely, and spotty donations, but as word got around of his deed, people and the money poured. Canadians were deeply moved by his run from ordinary Canadians to hockey stars to the then-PM Pierre Elliott Tradeau. Sure Fox had breaks and rest days in between his lengthy runs; even on his 22nd birthday he ran despite the marathon and the physical conditions taking a toll on his health. But the run had to be abandoned near Thunder Bay, Ontario on September 1, 1980 when Fox suffered an intense coughing fit, shortness of breath, and chest pains past 3336 miles (approximately the distance between Miami and Seattle or 5373 km) after 143 days; the cancer had returned and spread to his lungs. By that point he raised C$1.7 million. A 5-hour subsequent and impromptu TV telethon was aired on CTV that raised C$10.5 million. Fox died in June 1981 with his family by his side. I remember watching HBO's Terry Fox Story, the first original movie for a premium cable channel (was released theatrically in Canada and in the UK though), in 1983 and was in admiration for him as a child.

Steve Nash's personal statement:
Quote:
"I remember being a six-year-old boy and waking up every morning and rushing to the TV to see where Terry was that day. To see him running or hobbling across our country for the spirit of community and looking out for others was something that has stuck with me ever since. To see his face hiding the pain and to hear his words disguising the sacrifice was as motivating and as educational an experience as I've ever had. To be able to tell this story again, to Americans who love an underdog and a story of overcoming and struggle, is something any new filmmaker would love."
Sounds like Nashie's got a future in filmmaking.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcj_9SgVxeo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIL6Ke7z7IM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0rNZvViJD0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyjxpyT3bEw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW8FBbr7-sU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ltX_4vXFk

How could you not be moved by his heroism? Imagine how many lives Terry Fox saved from cancer with this. I understand relations recently between Canada and Australia aren't the best right now as Commonwealth cousins (don't know about Canada and NZ). But it's worth watching. This would be something good for Antipodeans to watch to kow more about Canada.
Old 26-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #53
Durbansandshark

Tomorrow the Phoenix Suns start their new season of course in Portland. Let's all hope for a good start to the new season for them that will propel them to greater and better heights later in the postseason.

My personal look at the team will come later as the season gets underway.
Old 26-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #54
Team DMD Basketball
Send a message via MSN to Team DMD Basketball Send a message via Skype™ to Team DMD Basketball

I have to agree to Nash's opinion, they won't make the playoffs.
Team DMD Basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #55
Da Houndawg #55
Now with 40% more vitriol

Send a message via AIM to Da Houndawg #55 Send a message via MSN to Da Houndawg #55

Playoffs is what I'm hoping for.

We're on a downward swing, fortunately we draft well - so we shouldn't be out of it long if the Suns do wind up with early holidays this year...

Hopefully the team will recognise this and keep some picks and do something with them.
Da Houndawg #55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #56
Team DMD Basketball
Send a message via MSN to Team DMD Basketball Send a message via Skype™ to Team DMD Basketball

The Suns are done.
Team DMD Basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 05:00 AM   #57
Durbansandshark

Phoenix will make the playoffs; a lot of the prognosticators like SI and The Sporting News have them at the high end of the West's lower half of the top 8 (usually the 6th seed) as they finish second in the Pacific Division. I personally think they can finish higher.

A question arises: who's going to be the Robin to Nash's Batman now that Amar'e left?

Last edited by Durbansandshark; 29-10-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Durbansandshark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #58
Durbansandshark

It's OK. Portland's hungry to succeed this season. Not upset at seeing them win over Phoenix. This is a season not a sprint.

As I said back in 2007, we Phoenix Suns fans, the best in all the vast NBA landscape, greatly despise that Evil Laker Empire (back when it was deservedly crumbling) in all of its moral corruption, wickedness, arrogance, tyranny, wretchedness, and oppression...and its equally-conceited, shameful, and misguided fans with every fiber in our bodies! They have been a deeply hateful traditional obstacle (and still is to this day) for us on the road to true NBA glory. Tomorrow night in the Purple Palace on ESPN, the Suns will face that Evil Laker Empire for the first time this season to open the home season in that rematch from the Western Conference Finals, in which Phoenix should've won and went to the NBA Finals instead for a much more entertaining bout with the Celtics...and hopefully destroy them. Needless to say, the history between the two has never been nice for us, with some recent exceptions. Had they made and won last season's NBA Finals, there would be a nice pregame ceremony to give out rings and raise their first championship banner.

Boo loudly and harshly on them, Suns fans!

Now I'd like to take to look back on those moments when Phoenix was facing the Evil Laker Empire. Particularly 1990 when the Suns finally beat them, when they were shamefully called in the era "Showtime". Essentially an oral history with Tom Chambers, Mark West, Jeff Hornacek, Dan Majerle, and Kurt Rambis, who has the unique perspective of playing for both teams (albeit with playing for the expansion Charlotte Hornets sandwiched between them), there's lots of great memories when Phoenix finally conquered them in the playoffs, since both were athletic (can you believe it was 20 years ago?). Because of his duties as Sacramento mayor, Kevin Johnson could not take part in this.
http://www.nba.com/suns/video/2010/0...319/index.html

Other flashbacks of the rivalry can be found here. Go Phoenix go!:
www.nba.com/suns/news/beatla_2010.html

Another brief article on how the Phoenix Suns lead the way in social networking:
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/b...in-social.html

Last edited by Durbansandshark; 10-11-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Durbansandshark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:22 AM   #59
Durbansandshark

My (belated) reaction to Phoenix wrongfully losing to the Evil Laker Empire in both the home opener and in the Western Conference Finals:

If they can show their resolve more like this against Memphis Friday night in double OT, I think will shock some people even more. Yes, the season is still very young and they lost last night to a revenge-seeking Memphis at the FedEx Forum ending their three-game losing streak. But with good health and chemistry gelling, Phoenix can get hot. As long as that Evil Laker Empire is scandalously oppressing (or even aspires to do so to) the rest of the league, Phoenix must never rest. A new winning streak awaits.
Old 18-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #60
Durbansandshark

Congrats to the Suns for beating the Evil Laker Empire on Sunday night in LA with a franchise record of 22 3-pointers! Should've done that too at the home opener, but we'll take it.

Tonight's going to be really interesting. Phoenix, who should've been in the NBA Finals instead last season with Boston, is now in Miami about to face Miami Thrice (James, Wade, and Bosh) and their supporting cast as the Suns' three-game winning streak is on the line. Ithink things are starting to gel with the Suns players as they're getting to know each other as teammates with the newbies like Turkoglu, Warwick, and Childress. Right now, the Suns bench is third behind Philadelphia and Cleveland in scoring, nearly doubling their season average from last season at 39.3 ppg. In Steve Nash's last three games, he made 34 assists while only committing 3 turnovers. That's a sure sign they are winning. Also, he's two 3s away from the active players' 1500 FGM club. Goran Dragic and Hakim Warwick nearly have double figures each in scoring as nearly the first reserves off the bench, and Warwick's got 17 dunks, thus ranking him 2nd in the NBA. Jason Richardson, who could the Robin I was referring to earlier this season, is the only Sun to score double figures in all of their games so far. Actually, they may have a shot here with all that (Miami have won four out of five against Phoenix. Different Heat makeup in those times though), but they will have to adjust and grind it out because...

Robin Lopez, the starting center, is out with a strained MCL and PCL in his left knee and will be out for several weeks. He's an important player as a center for he IS their depth and matchup in the paint, especially when they face Superman next in Orlando Thursday. Could Phoenix continue the increasing scrunity from the inconsistency, particularly on the defensive end, upon the Miami Heat with a win out of the American Airlines Arena with the Heat's high expectations?
Old 18-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #61
haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbansandshark View Post
. Phoenix, who should've been in the NBA Finals instead last season with Boston,
Why is that?
Old 25-11-2010, 06:25 AM   #62
Durbansandshark

The new Phoenix Suns player introduction intro for the 2010-11 season. It's a little more serious than the previous one from last season, especially with the bell tolling at the beginning. This does incorporate downtown Phoenix more, not just the US Airways Arena, with the players, including the new ones like Hedo Turkoglu and Josh Childress at various spots.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfURkhxmsTk

Phoenix's southern swoon through Miami, Orlando, Charlotte, and Houston was, shall I say, not unexpected. I expected Miami and Orlando beating them, particularly in the interior game with no Robin Lopez to act as a pillar aginst someone like Dwight Howard. Without Steve Nashty on a sore groin made things worse in their time in Florida, causing decisive defeats. But Charlotte was the surprise. The mediocre and still largely young Bobcats managed to beat them at home. I did not see that coming! On top of that, Stephen Jackson managed to earn the first triple double in Charlotte Bobcats history against Phoenix. Houston is still adjusting and struggling, so they were easy.

Chicago with Tom Thibedeau and the frontcourt of Noah and Boozer will be too bruising tonight, so I'm picking another loss for my Suns, as the latter look for their fourth straight win. After Chicago tonight, the next several games will play against largely non-quality teams Phoenix surely can beat with two at home. This season so far has been up and down like a yo-yo with streaks good and bad. Get well soon, Robin!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #63
Durbansandshark

There is another NBA game going on tonight in the midst of the Lebron's return hype! The Phoenix Suns are in Oakland to face the Golden State Warriors later tonight on the west coast.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:38 AM   #64
Durbansandshark

Isn't it interesting that the Suns will serve as the first Jazz opponent in the post-Jerry Sloan area when they visit Salt Lake City tonight? What makes it even more so from Phoenix's point of view lies in the fact that the new (interim) Jazz coach happens to be an old familiar face to lifelong Suns fans: Tyrone Corbin. Corbin was an important part of the resurrection of the Phoenix Suns following the major trade that also brought KJ and Mark West to Phoenix from Cleveland in exchange for Larry Nance and Mike Sanders in the late 80s with his defense until he was left exposed in the 1989 expansion draft when the Minnesota Timberwolves plucked him. Corbin did play for Phoenix in 1987-88 before going to the Cavs as a FA.

Phoenix's NBDL affiliate, Iowa Energy, makes a Versus TV appearance on Sunday hosting the Dakota Wizards.
www.nba.com/suns/news/versus_110211.html

Longtime Suns voice Al "Shazam" McCoy, another Iowa Suns' tie, gets another honor. He's in the Arizona Music and Entertainment Hall of Fame, also on Sunday. But the Suns are on the road and McCoy can't take part in the enshrinement. But there will be a ceremony in their next home game during the second timeout in their game with the Jazz Tuesday. It's quite an enshrinement class this year!
http://www.nba.com/suns/news/mccoy_h...me_110210.html
Old 17-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #65
Durbansandshark

Phoenix again beats former player Tyrone Corbin as he still looks for his first win as Jazz coach. Nash said to Fox Sports Arizona immediately after the win the game was "ugly" and even he along with his teammates that they were tired and didn't want to go through all of this. But they dug deep and got the W to go above .500.

No Phoenix Suns players will repped in the All-Star Game in LA this time. Not even Nash-ty Yes, he's still very productive at his advanced age of 37, but right now there are just too many good and far younger guards out in the West not to be selected.

Right now, the priority is make a better second half of the season and get a good seed in the playoffs and then advance deep like last year. Memphis is fading fast, so that could help.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #66
Durbansandshark

Real nice start to the second half of the NBA season for Phoenix to win four games, including two game-winning shots from Channing Frye! I knew it wasn't going to last when our heroes visited a rejuvenated Boston team last night. But they will have an easier time in Milwaukee on Friday night. OKC will be tough, of course, but they may have a chance. Houston could give them problems with their new faces on the roster, but not enough, I think, to prevail over Phoenix.

Meanwhile, Fox Sports Arizona signs a new deal, effective next season, to become the Suns' exclusive TV provider, which means an increase in the road games. An increase to at least 75 games annually in its eighth year of its relationship together.
www.nba.com/suns/news/foxsports_110223.html

Got some Tom Chambers blasts from the past!

His 1991 appearance on the Arsenio Hall Show with his coach Cotton Fitzsimmons. Remember when I wrote in my tribute about Cotton in 2004, I made a mention of this as one of my fave memories of Cotton, especially the bit of him proclaiming TC on Arsenio's show the "best player I ever coached" despite of him not being the best rebounder, not always the best passer, or best defender. Tom, early on, says Cotton was the best thing ever for him because "lets you play your best basketball". This was also when the New Kids On The Block were the headliners on that show (notice the young ladies screaming)! Been waiting for ages to see this up on YouTube! But where's the dunking intro leading up to this. Gotta love the intro music for them.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r88Q3qBh9U

A 1990 CBS Sports NBA At The Half featurette on Chambers presented by Leslie Visser that exemplifies how he was misunderstood by many of his teammates in his playing days. But everything was better when he moved to Phoenix as the first ever unrestricted NBA free agent. Sure, Seattle was starting to win again with him back in 1986-87 and won the All-Star MVP title for the West. But he was winning more consistently later!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m3HUBBFPC8

Brief bit of him in a 1990 Nike Force sneaker commercial from Foot Locker.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3jgOu0u4Fo

I personally like to see ESPN do a 30 for 30 presents documentary on the 1987 Phoenix Suns drug scandal. Why were they doing it and wrecking the clean-cut image of the franchise? Why the immunities? How they held themselves accountable?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #67
Durbansandshark

SLAM magazine here just released a special collector's issue of the 500 greatest NBA players of all time. And Phoenix is nicely represented here! With trades and free agent aquisitions over the decades, some Suns lasted more so than others and thus made greater impacts. But as long as they ever donned Suns' purple, orange, copper, white, gray, and sometimes black, I'll include them all. The highest ranking Suns on the list is Shaq at #4, but that's far more attributed to his time in Orlando, the Evil Laker Empire, and Miami than it was about his short stint in Phoenix. The Sun who had the greatest impact on the team high on this list is 1993 NBA MVP Charles Barkley coming in at #20. Back-to-back MVP Steve Nash, the only Canadian on there, is at #50. Jason Kidd is at #28. Players who lifted the Suns out of the mid-80s doldrums and into success up to the mid-90s are in the top 200 (KJ, TC, Thunder Dan, Horny). Walter Davis, DJ, Truck, Paul Westphal, Charlie Scott, Connie, and Larry Nance are all there too. Glad to see Don Buse, Clem Haskins, Mike Bantom, and John Shumate get their dues here.

5. Shaquille O'Neal
20. Charles Barkley
28. Jason Kidd
50. Steve Nash
53. Dennis Johnson
56. Connie Hawkins
66. Gus "Honeycomb" Johnson
98. Grant Hill
99. Vince Carter
102. Kevin Johnson
104. Walter "The Greyhound" Davis
120. Tom Chambers
130. Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway
132. Charlie Scott
135. Maurice Lucas
138. Paul Silas
141. Paul Westphal
144. Amar'e "STAT" Stoudemire
152. Shawn "The Matrix" Marion
165. Larry Nance
184. Joe Johnson
195. Sam Cassell
197. Stephon "Starbury" Marbury
205. Alvan Adams
212. Danny Manning
230. Jason Richardson
240. Len "Truck" Robinson
242. A.C. Green
263. Dan "Thunder Dan" Majerle
265. Jeff Hornacek
272. Clifford Robinson
281. Xavier "X-Man" McDaniel
283. Eddie Robinson
287. Michael Finley
291. Tom Gugliotta
307. Joe Barry Carroll
311. Dick Van Arsdale
312. Tom Van Arsdale
317. Wayman Tisdale
320. Danny Ainge
344. Jim Jackson
361. Armen "The Hammer" Gilliam
363. Jalen Rose
366. Ricky Sobers
367. Mike Bantom
369. John Shumate
372. Antonio McDyess
405. Cedric Ceballos
420. James "Buddha" Edwards
423. John "Hot Rod" Williams
436. Rex Chapman
454. Hidayet "Hedo" Turkoglu
468. Don Buse
473. Clem Haskins
474. Gar Heard
Old 01-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #68
Durbansandshark

Our heroes will not make a playoff appearance this year, as Nashty said at the beginning. That triple overtime loss on the road to that morally corrupt evil empire on TNT??!! That's unacceptable by any means! It started a losing streak. Nothing ever comes positive after losing to them. And they just lost to Oklahoma City tonight at home. But they do hope to finish strong for the rest of the year. They had a lead against Sacramento only for the Kings to win.

Phoenix not being in the playoffs is never fun and, in turn, makes things less fun there. Oh if they made the NBA Finals last season.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 AM   #69
Durbansandshark

Thankfully the 1990 NBA Western Conference semifinal series between the Phoenix Suns and the Now Deservedly Even More Crumbling Evil Laker Empire is now on You Tube! I'm glad that it is as this was the first time ever the Suns beat that morally corrupting disease in a playoff series. Let's start with Game 3 at the Arizona Veterans' Memorial Coliseum! Gotta love the Phoenix Suns Gorilla looking like Pat Riley! Remember seeing this game live on TV that Saturday afternoon pumped seeing that rocking arena. Don't forget the arena organ.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4m4Vzq1-Q
www.youtube.com/watch?v=anvZKNkAOio
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiXb9jpIdsw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnN1LA4iPpI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOz0454VYU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c5ZgPnf8Ds
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl2zLVF6xvA
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu2kZr0jvJM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO6_42cLLpI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDTn0C3AJxI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY6t5C695F8
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTwg9C3lIgE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7qj4EEh6Jo
Old 18-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #70
Durbansandshark

We're not going to have a little NBA lockout dampen our enjoyment of Phoenix, can't we?

Nominations for the next Naismith Hall of Fame induction in 2012 involve former Suns Paul Westphal, Cotton Fitzsimmons, and Paul Silas. I have to admit this is tougher. It would be nice if all three were going to be inducted, but it won't happen. I think Cotton has the best shot of them all. Maybe Paul Silas.

Westphal and Cotton are already Ring of Honor members. If Paul gets in, I'd like to see him wear that tie in tribute to Cotton, like he does at the start of every regular season game.
http://www.nba.com/suns/halloffame_nominees_111116.html
Old 06-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #71
Durbansandshark

KJ is actually on the Naismith Hall nominees list too
http://www.nba.com/suns/kj_halloffam...ee_111_23.html
Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #72
Durbansandshark

Our favo(u)rite NBA team in all the land, The Boys From Planet Orange, have their abridged and compressed 2011-12 66-game schedule out. Let me tell you, it is not a very good schedule. They start the season with two home games starting on Boxing Day at home in the Purple Palace when the New Orleans Hornets arrive in town and maybe without Chris Paul, if the trade rumours are confirmed (but not to the NDCELE, more on them later) and then on Monday with Philadelphia.

What is interesting about this lies in the fact the Suns will not face the premier teams out East at home--Miami, New York, Orlando, Chicago, and Boston. The Suns will visit them, several as part of a brutal road trip in January, but not in return. So that means Amar'e Stoudemire won't return to Phoenix with his Knicks. Phoenix won't even visit Steve Nash's home nation of Canada to face the Toronto Raptors at the Air Canada Centre. Their compressed 3-game stretch--every NBA team has one of those this season--falls on February 13-15 when they visit Golden St. and Denver before touching back to face Atlanta and on March 14-16 for visits with the Clippers and Utah and then host the Pistons. Phoenix will will 17 of those at least back-to-back games in the schedule this season. Scorecasting.com says NBA teams wins back-to-backs 36% of the time, imagine how players would end up getting tired during them.

In 16 of the Suns' first 21 games, they face teams that made the playoffs last year. The morally corrupt and arrogant NDCELE is sadly one of them (starting in January 10 at the House of Evil). Other dates with them are Feb. 17 (road), Feb. 19, and April 7 (home). San Antonio ends the season with the Suns at the Suns' home on April 25. Their big home stretch will be from Feb 19-March 18 with 12 of their 14 games then in their friendly confines. Ryan Weisert warns this about not facing the finest what the opposing conference has to offer. It is a shame that some of the elite players there will not be there to visit the Valley of the Sun like the Boston Three Party, LeBron, and DWade, Melo, MVP D-Rose, and the aforementioned former Sun STAT, depriving Suns fans the opportunity to see them live (Warriors and Thunder will). The Clippers will face them 3x in March alone. Overall, this could help in the win-loss column, but the teams they face that are good (not the NDCELE) but are detrimental to their winning prospects.

Better get on a hot start and win consistently. As long as that NDCELE still exists, Planet Orange MUST remain vigilant and hopefully gain the Pacific.
Old 29-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #73
Durbansandshark

9 points in the second quarter last night??!!! Are the Phoenix Suns becoming offensively deficient? How come they let Marcus Camby get 20 rebounds when he even didn't score a basket? I know, scoring isn't really Camby's strong suit. Portland blew away Phoenix largely because of the Suns only scoring 9 points.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #74
Durbansandshark

Good. Much better in the effort and performance since the NBA All Star break from Phoenix. They have been winning a lot more in this span. Presently, the Suns are outside the periphery of the top eight in the Western Conference. They really should be fighting with the LA Clippers for Pacific Division supremacy and keeping the Now Deservedly Crumbling Evil Laker Empire down. Preferably, making that evil franchise like what we see out of Charlotte. Yes, it would be tough, they played weaker teams, and Grant Hill just had successful surgery that will keep him sidelined for a while. But I think Phoenix will eventually get that final playoff spot.

If they don't, I think we'll be seeing the last of Nash in a Suns uniform. Captain Canada will be a free agent after this season. At his advanced age of 38 and while still very productive (he's leading the NBA in assists), he wants a ring and knows the opportunity is waning. He never even tasted an NBA Finals in his career despite being a two-time NBA MVP, we know. He should've gotten it back in 2005, 2006, and 2007ESPN's Chris Broussard projects Nashie would like to go to Miami. Not a bad choice at all. It will keep him young and will offer the best opportunity for a ring. Just as long he does go to the NDCELE...

In the meantime, keep on playing that Phoenix Suns basketball.
Old 25-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #75
Durbansandshark

Two teams, one playoff spot remaining out in the West. That eight seed. Later tonight the Phoenix Suns, current holders of the 8th and final seed in the West, visit Salt Lake City to face the younger Utah Jazz in what could determine the course of the final games in the final week of the regular season for both teams. Hopefully if Phoenix wins (and they better), all they have to do is defeat San Antonio, who is likely to rest their starters for the playoffs. I would've liked to see them move up to at least 5th to ensure themselves. But...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...FJfT_blog.html

Go Suns!!!