TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Old School > High Stakes Hoops

Notices

Old 13-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Voice(s)
Default HSH still going ahead this year?

Anyone know if High Stakes Hoops will be going ahead again this year as JVG said at the time or have things changed?

John Davis (editor, Earth First! Journal)
Old 15-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
Voice(s)

Doesn't sound like it will be back.

John Davis (editor, Earth First! Journal)
Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
joycefan
Spammer

high stakes hoops is like the nbl's version of summer league. good for recruiting!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
CoachYT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycefan View Post
high stakes hoops is like the nbl's version of summer league. good for recruiting!
Was it? Name the imports from the HSH that were recruited into the NBL this year. Not trialled, actually played meaningful import-like minutes. From my quick scan of the rosters and these forums, the answer is one and he (@chomocide) was already known and came in as a replacement mid-season.

And before you weazel out and say you were referring to Australian players, well the numbers paint a similar non-effect. The only example of a non-rostered player getting a NBL gig out of the HSH to play reasonable minutes would be Daniel Dillon. And just like Corey he had played in the league previously, and if any team was serious about recruiting him they could have watched him week in, week out playing for Sandringham in the SEABL.

IMO, more effort could be put into the NBL pre-season tournament. I like the concept of trialling rules and innovation, but as for its value in recruiting, I feel the traditional methods (networking, visits, tape, agents etc.) works fine and we don't need:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
A bunch of out of shape imports who donít play team-orientated ball, yet arenít gifted enough to provide any sort of highlights, over some familiar faces (who dominated the comp) playing with different team mates.
I think the NBL already has its own D-League(s) and soon enough I hope we can promote one to a standard that gets us as equally excited in anticipation of those players transitioning to the big-time. Best of all our league(s) value defense and team work, attributes I personally value in recruiting.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
CoachYT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycefan View Post
bennet davison. also it doesnt mean you have to actually sign em up, just puts players on the radar you dickwad. ps: yo momma was good in bed last night.
Thomas, do you realise how stupid you are or is this another attempt, as Jive Turkey says in the Wildcats thread, at you trying to stir sh*t with the 'older kids'. In reality if you tried the Yo Momma with me in person, I'd be punching holes in you, but I may as well punch verbal holes instead ...
Lesson 1: Read post, before engaging fingers on keyboard. Bennet Davidson, signed by the Blaze in May 2010. Played previously for the Tigers, so I don't think the scout at the HSH was what opened the door.
Lesson 2: Research, research, research. Sucking on a SoJ-auge doesn't count. Well didn't Bennett light up the NBL, now where is he again? Oh that's right he got packed off after disappointing and suffering an "injury".
Lesson 3: Don't ever say anything on the net you wouldn't be prepared to say in person. I would welcome the opportunity to prove this in person to you, however I believe this and your toss-potting over in the Wildcats forum should see the back of you.
Bye-bye little boy !!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
Clips
Never Forget

Nominee for post of the year.

And I second that YT could mess you up.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
CoachYT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clips View Post
Nominee for post of the year.

And I second that YT could mess you up.
Thanks Clips, you got my back - appreciate that. Hope the little boy is gone for good now.
Old 23-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #8
stylin

Nope. I actually hope not as the rules were crap! No extra points for dunking? WTF! They wanted action and a fast game but all that happened was teams shot 3 pointers and in the "special" time they shot 4 pointers. Was not good to watch. Looked like boring pick up scrimmages. If it happens they need to have some excitment with dunks, man on man only to create a fast game.