TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Basketball > National Basketball League

Notices

Old 02-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #26
koberulz
Send a message via MSN to koberulz

I'm not sure if there's supposed to be Chromecast support or not, but there isn't yet. I don't have Chromecast, so I haven't paid any attention to that, but I think it was alluded to. When the Android app was the only thing working, I managed to use screen mirroring to get it on my Samsung Smart TV from my Galaxy S7.

No member logins as yet.
koberulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #27
Lisa

Just signed up to get the Wildcats only games.
This will sound completely stupid to most of you, but how would one go about trying to get games on your tv? Do you have to have a smart tv or another say. - not very tech savvy with this kind of stuff.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #28
Daevo
Extraordinary Member

Send a message via MSN to Daevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Just signed up to get the Wildcats only games.
This will sound completely stupid to most of you, but how would one go about trying to get games on your tv? Do you have to have a smart tv?
What other device(s) do you have that can run the app (iPhone/iPad, Android phone or tablet, laptop PC, etc)? Do you know the make & model of your TV & roughly how old it is?
Daevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:26 AM   #29
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevo View Post
What other device(s) do you have that can run the app (iPhone/iPad, Android phone or tablet, laptop PC, etc)? Do you know the make & model of your TV & roughly how old it is?
I have an old android tablet which I think will be pretty useless considering I couldn't even load the sign up page to start with.
My tv is an old model too. Panasonic 2011/12 ish.

Got a galaxy s4 too, so nothing as you can see the latest haha.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:48 PM   #30
DDFan

Hi guys
I had a free account for 36ers last season, & updated my pasword as directed, a coupla months ago.
Today I wanted to opt for the $5/Month access, but I have NoScript installed on my Mac desktop, & it's blocking access.
Normally I just click on "Allow temporary access", & I'm good to go, but NoScript sees livebasketball.tv as a major threat, & I got a shiteload of tech stuff that is way over my head.
Has anyone come across this, & have a work around? *crosses fingers

Last edited by DDFan; 05-10-2016 at 06:50 PM.
DDFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #31
koberulz

Disable NoScript? Try a different browser?
Old 06-10-2016, 12:43 PM   #32
DDFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
Disable NoScript? Try a different browser?
Thanks kobez, I was unable to disable NoScript, no matter how determined I was, but yeh, I'll have a go on the MacBook Pro which is running Safari, minus NoScript. much
Old 06-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #33
miracle.touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellBivDevoe View Post
There is a new offer for Telstra customers. Free Subscription.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/...-s/ba-p/609997

Props to the NBL for maximising the Telstra partnership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstra link
The NBL Live App is also part of Telstra TVs offering, so anyone with a Telstra TV can view NBL Live content.
The link is now dead, so I signed in to the Crowd Support area and found a thread where a number of users have asked about Telstra TV availability. Surprise, surprise... no response from any Telstra representatives.
miracle.touch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:57 AM   #34
Nerf Herder

Right, so had a family dinner to go to tonight and kids and blah blah etc etc, so didn't get to try to attempt to watch nbl.tv until maybe 11:30pm... With all their new fangled promises, I was actually looking forward to watching a replay of the first game... Signed up with my season pass code thingy and click on the game...

Intro, looks good, commentators, not so much, but moving on... as soon as they're done, I get a playback error about not being encoded for my device... Which is a freaking web fracking browser!

I heard live went off pretty well, but what the bloody hell is the use of it if they don't have a version of the replay up the same night?! At least with the drongos who did it the first time around I could actually watch a game that night, but it seems the two very simple things I needed out of this whole thing (being able to start watching on delay and watch a full replay after the game had finished), which are two things that a youtube live broadcast can do VERY EASILY, can't be done here... What a waste...
Old 07-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #35
SB.1

So turns out Wildcats sent me an email at 4.20PM WST (yes 10 minutes before tip off) with member code - all I can say is (whoever is responsible - suspect NBL) GREAT JOB GUYYYYYSSSSSS!
SB.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:00 PM   #36
Nerf Herder

Maybe an hour later than the one I got from the Kings a bit after 6pm AEDST, hidden at the end of the announcement about the jumbo screens... Teams were apparently waiting on the NBL to send them out, so I guess it's a logjam at the NBL level...

So further from last nights replay trublems, it's STILL not available on nbl.tv, removed from the live/main page but not under the game replays...

Hopefully tonight is a different situation...
Old 07-10-2016, 05:13 PM   #37
SB.1

Found nbl.tv "jerky" went back to Foxtel Go (SD tho)
SB.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #38
Lisa

Just went to load the replay of the Wildcats/Bullets game and getting:

SAS Error
Invalid authorisation response
Reload your screen or try selecting a different video.

I only have the free access to watch Wildcats games, does that mean you can't see replays, only games as they are on live.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #39
piercemaker

ok , So myself (like Nerf Herder) rely on On Demand services for all my sport these days Children, work, family life in general - all have made a massive impact on my viewing habits

Luckily, this is getting better and better and I have high hopes for this years NBL!!
the Wildcats game last night aired live into Perth at 4.30pm - not great for leaving work, witching hour blah blah - i got the kids to bed, had dinner and watched some crap with the wife until about 10.15pm Perth time - almost 4 hours past the end of the game

excitedly now to watch the game - Firstly, there is no way to hide the score of the 'Recently' finished game - it sits proudly on the front screen - like NBA league pass, there should be an option to Hide Scores...basic stuff really if you are offering on demand service

I had my wife open the app so I avoided the score in hunting for the game.
The game was still in the Live Games section, and I proceeded to airplay the "Live" feed, in pretty great quality... Good news...until about 3/4 time or 11.30pm when the feed just shut off completely and disappeared from all sections of the app.
Error message - check your network - report to facebook etc
my network is just fine thanks very much, as I proceeded to stream NBA TV is spectacular HD straight after.

luckily I then saw the score, saving me from the horrific ending to this game...
just looking again now, the Perth Brisbane game has just now 5.30pm WST made its way into the replay games section and will not load at all, not that I want to watch it - but if I did - no hab

I know that these are teething problems (hopefully) I just wanted to share my experience from last night and right this minute...pretty good - then pretty bad

Last edited by piercemaker; 09-10-2016 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Grammar
piercemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:42 PM   #40
BellBivDevoe

I too was looking forward to the On Demand service.

I missed quite a few games including the Cairns @ Perth game.

Just checked the Game Replays section.

There are ZERO games from Round One available for replay.

Well done NBL....even NBL TV V1.0 by Perform Media did better in this aspect.

Oddly enough the games were still available at the LIVE games section many hours after the game had finished, I was watching Q1 of Cairns @ Perth near Midnight on Saturday Night.

But it disappeared the next day.

If those clowns are going to take so long making the replays, why not just leave it under the live section.
BellBivDevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:28 AM   #41
koberulz

There are a few things the first NBL TV did better, and really nothing it did significantly worse. Stream quality seems better for a few, but by no means all. Sign-up and sign-in were serious issues, no replays, and instead of a dedicated Twitter account that handles customer issues customers are completely ignored. I sent them an email over a week ago and haven't heard back.

Then there are the games encoded at horribly low bitrates, 16:9 games squashed to 4:3 and then pillarboxed back to 16:9 rendering them impossible to watch without everyone being ridiculously tall and skinny, the 2008 grand final has been scaled up for no reason, requiring the scoreboard to be cropped off the screen (no, seriously), portions of the 1979 grand final are interlaced, the entire 1986 Brisbane-Coburg game is interlaced, one of the 1979 Illawarra games has a random TV show recorded over a few minutes of the tape, and either that game or the other 1979 Illawarra game randomly switches to 16:9 for no discernable reason for a portion of the game, cutting off the top and bottom of the picture.

It's also nowhere near the 'hundreds of games' we were promised at launch, nor anywhere near every grand final. They've got snoozefests like New Zealand's biggest win ever (NBL TV is geoblocked in NZ, so I'm not sure who is supposed to care about that) while omitting two of the three games I've ever seen mentioned as potentially the greatest ever (Perth's 130-127 OT win against Sydney in November 2002 and the quadruple overtime game from 1994 are both missing, the Tigers' huge comeback against the Magic in August 1993 is present).
Old 11-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #42
Lisa

Only 2 round one game replays available to watch.
Anyone know how long it is before you can catch the replays?
I have been impressed so far but really most people would want to catch a replay if they have missed the live screen and especially in Perth where games are on at 4.30pm due to the daylight saving time difference and if you have kids, its almost impossible to be able to catch a game at that time during the week.
If you have to wait over a week to watch a replay, most wouldn't even really bother.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:30 PM   #43
koberulz

Replays will be available as soon as NBL TV hires competent people.

Probably by 2030.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #44
Agent 15

I got home Thursday night and turned on the Cats v Bullets game around 8:30PM and had zero problems at all streaming wise. Whilst its not that crisp HD quality I get watching NBA League Pass it definitely passed the test for me considering it was free.

I had it on a 75" TV (streamed via media box connected to it) and it didnt go fuzzy at all throughout the game... same again watching the Cats v Cairns game on Saturday night live. I have the top tier speed NBN at home which could play a part but all in all I have found it to be great.
Agent 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:41 PM   #45
BellBivDevoe

Has anyone watched the Illawarra V Adelaide Replay?

Is the Audio out of sync with the action for you (on PC) ?
Old 13-10-2016, 07:16 PM   #46
BellBivDevoe

Is the Android App streaming the game for anyone?

All I get is the Spinning Wheel when I go to Live games and click on the ILL v SYD game.

This is either on Wifi or 4G.

The game shows fine on PC via Chrome.
Old 13-10-2016, 10:43 PM   #47
Nerf Herder

What a useless piece of shit, honestly... Got an error most of the game and then several freezings that caused missing big gaps of gameplay...

Just started watching on the PC from the "Watch Live" link on the main page, so will have to see how long it lasts... It's especially painful that when I DO get the watch it, the quality is actually really good!
Old 15-10-2016, 12:40 PM   #48
JasonC
Send a message via ICQ to JasonC

No issues with the new Telstra TV app - except that the content library is mostly missing. Hoping that will appear eventually. Quality was solid all the way through last night.

For those asking about Chromecast support, if you have the latest version of the Chrome browser it now integrates Chromecasting. If you have an old version you can get the official Chromecast extension for the Chrome web browser at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jhdicfkmllpafd

Then simply start the NBL stream on the PC and you can cast it to Chromecast perfectly. No issues with video or sound quality. It only casts the browser content so you do not see the browser windows or menus.

Works a treat for those without Telstra TV.

Jason.
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 10:05 AM   #49
miracle.touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
No issues with the new Telstra TV app - except that the content library is mostly missing. Hoping that will appear eventually. Quality was solid all the way through last night.
I'll echo these sentiments. I watched the Kings vs. Taipans last night through the new Telstra TV app and it worked flawlessly with no quality issues whatsoever.
miracle.touch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 12:41 PM   #50
piercemaker

PLEASE - if anyone from the NBL reads these posts....
pretty Please include a Hide Scores option for the App
i find almost all other aspects of the service fully workable and I'm sure more content will eventually become available for the Classics section, which I'm really looking forward to

But the visible scores on start up are KILLING ME!!!
piercemaker is offline   Reply With Quote