Quote:
Originally Posted by BallistiX View Post
So the team as it stands:

Ogilvy/Holyfield
Forman/Kay
Coenraad/Ellis
Martin/White
Clarke/Norton

Smallish guard rotation but I think this team might surprise.
Kay and Norton are starter minute calibre players. Clarke was able to take the Hawks to the SF whilst having Tiggs as the other import and Gruber at the 5. Now you have AJ, Kay and Holyfield to address the rebounding and toughness issue. The only player that you would think would regress is Forman with age, thankfully White cannot regress further.

It won't surprise me at all if this team makes top 2.
BellBivDevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 06:21 PM   #27
FreeThrows

I would not be surprised to see Kay starting at 4, with Foreman backing him up. Oscar's in his 147th year in the league and may benefit from coming in for shorter periods of time and providing some scoring punch, plus the league has a lot of big forwards for him to guard this season.
FreeThrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 01:48 PM   #28
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThrows View Post
I would not be surprised to see Kay starting at 4, with Foreman backing him up. Oscar's in his 147th year in the league and may benefit from coming in for shorter periods of time and providing some scoring punch, plus the league has a lot of big forwards for him to guard this season.
Agreed. They are pursuing a wing import and that could make Coenraad the 11th player in the rotation. will get used but i don't think he is a favourite of Bevo's. Would expect Ellis to get more time this season also, particularly if he continues to make the improvements he made towards the end of last season.
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #29
BellBivDevoe

Coenraaad cannot be considered the Hawks 11th man.

a) Despite being behind Penney last season, Coenraad still averaged minutes in the high twenties. Thats more than Nate Jawai at his Wildcats prime fitness.

b) Kevin White is on that team, being behind White would make you ineligible to play basketball.

Oscar will see minutes drop off, Kay being so versatile would see also Ellis lose minutes.
Old 17-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #30
Nerf Herder

With the line up below, if the import TBD isn't one that can spend time in the guard rotation, it's sort of hard to avoid White getting minutes as otherwise they'd be a bit light on in the backcourt?

Martin / Norton
Clarke^ / White
Import^ / Coenraad
Kay / Forman / Ellis
AJ / Hollyfield^

Still a solid team though... Having Clarke on there will just make everyone better and if they weren't a such a knobby rival, I would really enjoy watching them this coming season...
Old 17-08-2016, 04:12 PM   #31
BellBivDevoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
With the line up below, if the import TBD isn't one that can spend time in the guard rotation, it's sort of hard to avoid White getting minutes as otherwise they'd be a bit light on in the backcourt?

Martin / Norton
Clarke^ / White
Import^ / Coenraad
Kay / Forman / Ellis
AJ / Hollyfield^

Still a solid team though... Having Clarke on there will just make everyone better and if they weren't a such a knobby rival, I would really enjoy watching them this coming season...
Ellis can play the 3 as well....if the Hawks wanted to save a trump card (import slot) they could play Coenraad and Ellis at the 3 (both are capable). If later in the season they are being overwhelmed by opposition wings, then you could find an import 3.

Right now that above roster is solid without the third import.
Old 17-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #32
miracle.touch

Marvellous!

http://www.nbl.com.au/uncategorised/...rvelle-harris/
miracle.touch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #33
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by miracle.touch View Post
who is a three/wing therefore pushing Coenraad into 11th player territory. white will get minutes as defensive pest as the fourth guard. Coenraad will get minutes but they will be down markedly on previous seasons
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote