TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Basketball > Women's National Basketball League

Notices

Old 16-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #1
Lukosius
Default Perth Lynx Return

Old news for some, but here's the story anyway....

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/5mp...h1nfgjxuapr4x8
Old 17-04-2015, 07:14 PM   #2
WilloWildWaves

While this is good for the team one must wonder why after 14 years of showing no interest in being connected to the womens team or offering financial help when the team were in struggle town for so long and the Wildcats are throwing money around like it meant nothing and suddenly the NBl is shadowed in uncertain future they take interest and charge. I had court side seats last season for $250 but it would cost me $400 for the closest seats which will now stuck behind corporate boxes, all Waves/ Lynx membership is up over $100 except for car park seats $50. Oh and after 14 years not having it we will be forking out $10 that they will probably now charge for parking.
Old 24-04-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
WilloWildWaves
Thumbs up

Nat Burton and Louella Tomlinson so far, finally cats get something right with this team
Old 25-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
Andy K

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilloWildWaves View Post
Nat Burton and Louella Tomlinson so far, finally cats get something right with this team
Great news, A really strong front court. If they did manage to sign last seasons 2 imports they would certainly be in with a chance of making the playoffs.
Andy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 11:55 PM   #5
thomnuffy

Andy Stewart as coach is a great move too. Excuse my ignorance, who did they have last year and were they any good?
thomnuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
scooterrich

Where has Nat Burton been playing the last few years? Has she got any gas left in the tank?
scooterrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #7
Andy K

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomnuffy View Post
Andy Stewart as coach is a great move too. Excuse my ignorance, who did they have last year and were they any good?
The NZ tall ferns coach, Kennedy. I thought he did as good as he could with the team he had.
Old 26-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
Andy K

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterrich View Post
Where has Nat Burton been playing the last few years? Has she got any gas left in the tank?
Boomers, Dandy? somewhere in VIC, she had very little impact anyway. It was a bit strange really, after her Opals campaign I thought she would have made more progress. I hope moving back to WA helps her game.
Old 27-04-2015, 07:18 AM   #9
WilloWildWaves

Nat played for the Boomers last season, she wanted to come home. Next big Blunder from coach Andy and Wildcats management, Garbin has moved to Townsville and I have heard a couple of rumors that Andy simply did not want her. That weed you smoking must be pretty good guys
Old 28-04-2015, 06:58 PM   #10
scooterrich

Sorry - of course she did. I'm thinking of someone else. Who was the other player called Nat someone??? Played for Sydney Flames few years ago but from Victoria? Ta
Old 28-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #11
Andy K

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterrich View Post
Sorry - of course she did. I'm thinking of someone else. Who was the other player called Nat someone??? Played for Sydney Flames few years ago but from Victoria? Ta
Porter? Been retired for years.
Old 28-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #12
scooterrich

Yep that's the one. Thanks Andy K. Why did I get them confused?
Old 11-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #13
Andy K

Tomlinson in great form, 21pts & 11 BLOCKS in a SEABL game....crazy!
If she stays injury free this WNBL season I expect great improvement for the brand new Lynx.
Old 14-05-2015, 05:25 PM   #14
Lukosius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
Tomlinson in great form, 21pts & 11 BLOCKS in a SEABL game....crazy!
If she stays injury free this WNBL season I expect great improvement for the brand new Lynx.
Waves were 4-4 when she got injured towards the end of November.

They went 0-14 after that.

Says it all really.
Old 27-05-2015, 10:23 PM   #15
WilloWildWaves

While still early days, I am uneasy about The Cats commitment to this team. While we have been hearing a fair bit about the NBL team in the off season like coaching moves who they are chasing general gossip and rumors, all has been dead quiet on the Lynx front since the announcement of Witcomb. Although membership is on the net existing Waves members have had no renewal emails or letters as in previous years and the Cats do for the men which I hear has been sent out to members already, no off season updates about which players they are looking at or chasing down. It has been death valley since the first month of the take over, and I'm really starting to wonder if the cats are serious and have enough time to run this team as well as the NBL and their progressive push for the Asian tournament. I am yet to renew but know I will in the end for the team
Old 28-05-2015, 09:00 PM   #16
2sc945
Nzbm

Quote:
It has been death valley since the first month of the take over, and I'm really starting to wonder if the cats are serious and have enough time to run this team as well as the NBL and their progressive push for the Asian tournament. I am yet to renew but know I will in the end for the team
Speaking of pushing for the Asian market, New Zealand is ahead of us by sending their league champion to the William Jones Cup, a decent annual international basketball tournament in Taiwan featuring quality national teams and professional clubs from around the world.

Link: Wellington Saints to compete in the William Jones Cup

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA
2sc945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #17
WilloWildWaves

If you have not already head to the new Perth Lynx website and catch up on the latest signings and news, 8 players signed so far. I would post links but you know I'm lazy, shaping up to be quite a team cheers
Old 29-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #18
Andy K

Yes it does look good, I guess they will be signing 2 imports?
These 8 with 1 big import and 1 guard import will win games, actually even 1 good guard import would be enough.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #19
Lukosius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
Yes it does look good, I guess they will be signing 2 imports?
These 8 with 1 big import and 1 guard import will win games, actually even 1 good guard import would be enough.
The 8 players signed already includes one import - Sam Whitcomb.

I'm guessing one more import plus some girls from the womens's SBL will complete the squad.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #20
Andy K

Edmondson and D.Smith would finish the roster nicely. Maybe Smith retired, I didn't get the memo.
Old 23-09-2015, 05:54 AM   #21
WilloWildWaves
Pthw

The season is nearly here, yay. Had a members like day a couple of weeks back to meet the new additions, we will definitely have the height this year, something that we have missed a bit in previous roster's. The second import was not present, but Edmondson is indeed returning, the only slight disappointment being only 1 ( Burton) local in the main squad.
The lynx played two pre season games over the weekend in Melbourne tieing the Rangers 79 all and going down to Bendigo by only 4 89 to 93, unfortunately there have been no stats or box scores that I can find but the results are promising.
Old 23-09-2015, 08:59 AM   #22
Andy K

Quote:
The season is nearly here, yay. Had a members like day a couple of weeks back to meet the new additions, we will definitely have the height this year, something that we have missed a bit in previous roster's. The second import was not present, but Edmondson is indeed returning, the only slight disappointment being only 1 ( Burton) local in the main squad.
The lynx played two pre season games over the weekend in Melbourne tieing the Rangers 79 all and going down to Bendigo by only 4 89 to 93, unfortunately there have been no stats or box scores that I can find but the results are promising.
I think you will go well this season, the roster looks really well balanced between bigs, smalls and swing players, I hope they can make their home court a real fortress and win plenty of games this season. I think they could definitely push for finals.
Old 18-10-2015, 04:12 AM   #23
Andy K

The Lynx are back! What great start to the season and finally some relief for their fans. They must be thinking top 4 and finals is a real possibility this season. Tomlinson is again in MVP form, hopefully she stays fit. Could she make the Opals playing like this?
Old 19-10-2015, 05:01 AM   #24
WilloWildWaves

Indeed we have started the season well, a minor hic up in Bendigo but you can't win them al.
Lou has been in top form so far and getting plenty of help from the rest of the team. Should def be a contender for a place in finals, now if the Marvin led front office can fix the disappointment that was had post game in round 1 it should be a enjoyable ripper of a season.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #25
WilloWildWaves
Thumbs up

The team has finally broken through to take sole possession of 1st spot on the ladder with a 1 game lead. I must say I didn't see that coming at the start of the season. I new we would be big improvers but the girls and Andy ect have really exceeded my expectations, what a great time to be a Perth WNBL supporter!!

That said, not getting ahead of myself, still a long way to go yet