TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Basketball > Women's National Basketball League

Notices

Old 13-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
hendrix
Default SE Qld team

Shane Heal to coach and Erin Phillips is the club's first signing on a two year deal

Vhttp://www.wnbl.com.au/index.php?id=81&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=5571&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=ce6768d69b
Old 13-03-2015, 11:13 PM   #2
Dene15

So where will the team be based? Brisbane? Logan? Gold Coast? It all seems a bit sudden and a little too easy that a new team appeared out of nowhere but it's nice to see the league try to expand. Hopefully not at the coast of teams that are currently struggling like Adelaide.
Dene15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
Swish83

I don't think the team "just appeared out of nowhere". There's been talk of behind-the-scenes work going on for some time. Plus, how much media coverage does women's basketball receive in this country? It's no wonder nobody has really heard anything.

A women's team is definitely needed in SE Qld. I just hope they play somewhere central/inner Brisbane. I remember going to a game at the Logan Metro once - what a nightmare it was to get out there!
Swish83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #4
hendrix

Logan Metro will be its base so i'd say most games will be there. They are considering playing some games in other stadiums, hence the SE Qld name

Heal says they've been working on it for more than 8 months, so I'd say since the same group of people realised they weren't going to get the Brisbane NBL franchise.. He started talks with Erin Phillips last year
Old 14-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
scooterrich

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketb...-1227261376312

This is on the news website, and there is a another article in the CM today which has a large photo of Erin with the headline of "Captain Phillips".

Big coup to get Erin as their first signing. I will be keen to follow their recruitment -- maybe Cayla Francis can come back to SE Qld?
scooterrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
Andy K

Yea! Love the Phillips signing, what a way to start a team list.
Andy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #7
scooterrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterrich View Post
http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketb...-1227261376312

This is on the news website, and there is a another article in the CM today which has a large photo of Erin with the headline of "Captain Phillips".

Big coup to get Erin as their first signing. I will be keen to follow their recruitment -- maybe Cayla Francis can come back to SE Qld?
Quote myself - Cayla Francis re-signed with the Fire. That sketch is knackered!
scooterrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #8
Andy K

I would like to see Langford back in QLD, she went backwards in Adelaide and I wonder if Veal wants to come back and finish her career in QLD?
Andy K is offline   Reply With Quote