TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Basketball > National Basketball League

Notices

Old 23-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #51
Cram
Nomadic Bum

Great news! Hopefully Wollongong can follow suit!
Cram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2015, 04:40 PM   #52
DDFan

I don't understand all the business thingies, but it's great that the previous board is to be completely replaced *bites tongue to save mod intervention.

Pretty sure I wouldn't want to be an unsecured creditor, who's hanging out to be paid in full, if the Crocs make a profit for 2 years.

FFS, has there been a club in the last decade that's recorded a profit, let alone over 2 seasons?

That said, what are secured & unsecured creditors?
Old 29-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #53
GordonG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
FFS, has there been a club in the last decade that's recorded a profit, let alone over 2 seasons?
Wildcats, Taipans...
Old 29-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #54
DDFan
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonG View Post
Wildcats, Taipans...
Ah, that's good to hear, I'm a big fan of both clubs.
Old 30-04-2015, 07:49 AM   #55
thomnuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonG View Post
Wildcats, Taipans...
NZ??
thomnuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #56
GordonG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomnuffy View Post
NZ??
I'd expect so.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #57
paul

Even if privately-owned clubs made a profit how many would want to announce it year after year, as officially making a loss can allow owners tax breaks on their other interests.
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:48 AM   #58
2sc945
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Even if privately-owned clubs made a profit how many would want to announce it year after year, as officially making a loss can allow owners tax breaks on their other interests.
Word.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA
2sc945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #59
mattic
Mr. Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Anybody trying to hide tax affairs under an NBL club is taking hiding-in-plain-sight to ridiculous extremes.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #60
SB.1

Lol - this could be the short lived injection the league needs - using NBL clubs as a "tax effective" investment - think forest plantations of the late 90s
SB.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #61
Wild 1

Announcing a profit also reflects poorly when you raise membership prices.

KingJamesXXIII
NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam
Wild 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #62
DDFan
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
Very carefully worded my friend, if you'd said "Jacked uP the prices", in the same instance as tax dodge, in a non 'Cat thread, there would've been trouble.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:05 PM   #63
mattic
Mr. Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
I don't have a problem with them raising profit in that way. Any profit goes towards next year's bills. I really am prepared to pay to see the Crocs. It's just that last year was palpably a bad deal for me and many others. Somebody got their sums and their goodwill seriously wrong. That's been acknowledged and I don't see it happening again. That's why we're on the list for this year, at a reasonable price.

Last edited by mattic; 05-05-2015 at 10:08 PM.
mattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #64
mattic
Mr. Pink

Dennis ready and waiting to sign up Crocs

Quote:
TOWNSVILLE Crocodiles coach Shawn Dennis is awaiting final confirmation on his club’s future before making offers to players for the 2015/16 season.
“The guys want to return and they want to know that things are all good.
“We want players who come here to know that the club is going to be here for the long term and that we haven’t just plugged the gaps for 12 months. We are not officially back in the NBL so until that is sorted we and are talking to everyone and doing what we can.”
Quote:
Outside of player retention and recruitment Dennis is also in the market for a new assistant coach to replace Mike Kelly, who signed with NBL rivals Melbourne United last month.
Old 21-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #65
DJ Rod
Twitter Ninja
Tsvm

Crocs have been given the green light from the NBL to be a part of the 2015/16 league

Townsville Bulletin story
DJ Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2015, 11:02 PM   #66
mattic
Mr. Pink

7 News report.
Old 23-05-2015, 02:05 AM   #67
mattic
Mr. Pink

Townsville Crocodiles swingman Todd Blanchfield signs with Melbourne United.
Well, that sucks.
Old 23-05-2015, 12:52 PM   #68
SB.1

Yeah, he was the franchise player.
SB.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #69
Alex_Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattic View Post
He's going to get United'd

Considering Melb's game plan revolves around shooting as many threes as possible, he should excel in that system.
Old 25-05-2015, 01:53 AM   #70
DDFan

Quote:
Agree.

The cynical side of me thought that the Crocs probably had the full team ready to ink in their contracts as soon as Kestleman's money came through. Maybe that was the plan, but it could be a Croc sized butt bite if Todd's not the only player to go elsewhere. I'm guessing King Conk would be on a lot of team Most Wanted lists too.
Old 28-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #71
jjj

Very disappointed Blanchfield is leaving the Crocs. I wanted him to stay there and be a major plank in the building of a strong club.
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 PM   #72
mattic
Mr. Pink

Townsville Crocodiles to replace Todd Blanchfield’s attributes across group rather than finding any direct individual replacement.
Quote:
“You don’t replace Todd, you try and fit pieces around it to try and make up for what you lose,” Dennis said.
“Todd is a unique player so you’d be very lucky to replace with him with any single person.
“So you’ve got to look at ways you can pick up the rebounding losing Todd, and I think Leon Henry is a possibility to help with that if we can get him over the line.
“For the scoring side of it, Clint (Steindl) showed some good potential last year so if we can get him back he can fill part of that.
“I think the natural evolution of Mitch Norton will help with the scoring and the only thing you can’t replace is Todd’s athleticism which is very difficult to do.
“We’ve got to try and do our best to fill the pieces and try and replace him as a group rather than any individual.”
Code for, "We've got no money, we're gonna sign a gumby."
Old 07-06-2015, 11:30 AM   #73
mattic
Mr. Pink

Crocs Newsletter
Quote:
We want to Say THANK YOU to our fan's and corporate sponsors for your pre-commitments and belief in the Club.
Quote:
Come along and join other FAN's and Celebrate - WE will be playing in the 2015/16 Season

A Celebration night has been planned for families to come along and have some fun.

Shawn, Mitch, Greg and the Development Players together with the CROC will be there to say Hello and have a photo with the Kids (and Adults)

Tickets are very LIMITED - only 100 available so contact us know to avoid disappointment.
To purchase tickets, ring the club on 4775 2222
Note: The invite is only for members who have precommitted for memberships in the 2015/16 season.
Leaving aside the apostrophe errors, they want to say thank-you by having the thankees buy tickets to the thank-you function.
NFI

Last edited by mattic; 07-06-2015 at 12:01 PM.
mattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #74
DDFan

Quote:
Leaving aside the apostrophe errors, they want to say thank-you by having the thankees buy tickets to the thank-you function.
NFI
So, of the 1000s of loyal, precommitted Croc fans, there are only 100 openings, to rub shoulders with Shawn, Mitch, Van de Yawn, the Croc, & some scrubs???

AND, they're charging them to attend, in order to coerce them to buy their season tickets??? WTF!!!

I'd be very interested to (k)no(w) (I'm not good on apostrophes ) if there was any mention of included catering, or any entertainment packages that are to be included.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #75
BellBivDevoe

I think the Crocs are in a difficult situation where they don't have a lot of money (to spend) to make money.

I can see how this Celebration night could exclude some and rub them the wrong way.

Perhaps they could have been a bit more frugal and have the Crocs rock up to some hoops event like Juniors comp one afternoon, invite all those supporters on Social Media, have a sausage sizzle, have a membership drive and thank everyone for their support of the Crocs.

Its cheap, and I don't think most Crocs fans would accuse the organisation of being cheap and tacky given what they just went through.
BellBivDevoe is offline   Reply With Quote