TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Old School > NBL Archive

Notices

Old 13-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #26
Cussy+
Boards+ Member

Hey KingsDave, are you related to SydneyPete? If so......I'm sorry.
Old 13-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #27
Nerf Herder

hahaha... I dunno, Faceandbum seems like a straight shooter to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattic View Post
The vast majority of Kings fans on here are woofing about glory and championships ad nauseum;
Ok, that's crap... I'd wager that there's about 10 Kings fans that post on here even semi-regulary and I think you'd be REALLY hard-pressed to find a handful of comments in the last two months that would be considered woofing, let alone the "vast majority". The VAST MAJORITY of fans that are now left, in general, are just happy to have a team to support again and for the most part, have still been a bit warey/critical of how things have been moving along since the Kings returned... ad nauseum... psh... you just wanted to sound fancyspeak!
Old 13-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #28
Prodigal

There's nothing to woof about....ad nauseum or otherwise. The roster we have mostly just makes me nauseous.
Old 13-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #29
meg
really hot chix

KingsDave, check your PMs please.
Old 13-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #30
mattic
Mr. Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
in the last two months
"seasonally-adjusted-to-make-my-point-factually-correct-while-doing-nothing-to-tell-the-actual-story"
Labor voter?
Old 13-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #31
Silencer83
Just call me Trigger ;)

List of Kings Fans posting since the announcement of the return:
MOOKIE
angel
Nerfie
Cesar
Daevo
Stumps
GB
Prodigal
Earnie Shavers
AngusH
nonuthing
SJ
Matt McQuade
Kings89
Phill
Sports Schmuck
Skink
Glenn
curious
Glockers
Tigachick
oltimer
Mighty Dunks
Sydney Pete
Lawzy

I don't think you could say that a vast majority of those have been woofing, unless you are talking about when the Kings were last in the competition.

Will come back and edit once I look further through the threads.

Last edited by Silencer83; 13-07-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: added an important name and a little bit of restructuring
Old 13-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #32
mattic
Mr. Pink

To save yourself some time, there is a reason this thread was created by Derek - http://www.ozhoopsboards.com/showthread.php?t=4821

I'll concede "vast majority of posters" as an error if you'll allow "vast majority of posts" to stand as an enduring testement to the general feeling one gets about Kings threads.
Old 13-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #33
Silencer83
Just call me Trigger ;)

Quote:
To save yourself some time, there is a reason this thread was created by Derek - http://www.ozhoopsboards.com/showthread.php?t=4821

I'll concede "vast majority of posters" as an error if you'll allow "vast majority of posts" to stand as an enduring testement to the general feeling one gets about Kings threads.
Absolutely. It is unfortunate that much like with Townsville Threads the posters with an agenda seem to have the loudest voice.
Old 13-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #34
Mookie

What's a guy gotta do to get on the list of Kings fans?

Woof woof! Is that better?
Old 13-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #35
Cussy+
Boards+ Member

I wouldn't have picked you as a Kings fan, probably because you're a good bloke.
Old 13-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #36
Silencer83
Just call me Trigger ;)

Ha, you were on my post it note but some how got missed. I have corrected it now.
Old 13-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #37
Nerf Herder

Quote:

Concede all you like (because you're wrong ) and make all the political statements that I don't understand (as who'd bother to follow politics in this country when there's American Idol to get behind!) you want, that doesn't change the fact that with the death of Lawsy and one or two random posters, you'd be hard-pressed to find many posts in the last two months (I chose that as that's roughly how long things have been going on for) that would classify as woofing... Sure, in the past there's been lots of tools on here doing that, and hence why teh derek created that post, but I reckon we've been pretty well behaved recently... at leats compared to our queenslander counterparts... I don't even bother with the Crocs thread anymore as it does my head in... Happy to take it "offline" (back into the appropriate Kings thread) though...

NOW... as to the purpose of Dave creating this thread, not for others to hijack with internal politics...

I haven't seen anything from the Kings re: Taj McCullogh... quick twitter search for him returned kochie_online's post:
Quote:
Welcome Taj McCullough. Sydney kings import flew in to shoot Ch 10 promo. He & Julian Khazoo playing together again. First home game Oct 16
So hopefully we might see something on the tv soon, but it would be good for the Kings fans if we could get a sneak peek or have it posted online when it's televised?

Did Taj make any other appearances? Will there be any feedback on any questions posted?
Old 13-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #38
Cussy+
Boards+ Member

The difference between Crocs threads and Kings threads is that Crocs threads are ruined by the same two knobs who look to criticise the Crocs at every opportunity. Kings threads, for more than two months, have had more than two people living in the past, wishing for their entire 07-08 team to be re-signed, ignoring the difficult situation the new owners are in, and getting annoyed when they haven't signed an All Star team that is going to win a title in their first year, even though they constantly remind us that they are just happy to have a team to support again.
Old 13-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #39
mattic
Mr. Pink

Quote:
the last two months (I chose that as that's roughly how long things have been going on for)
Yet...
Quote:
Sure, in the past there's been lots of tools on here doing that, and hence why teh derek created that post
In March. 4 months ago. AFTER the litany of shite posted by certain Kings fans.

You seem able to grasp the concept of time but do not let it influence you when ignoring it makes what you say technically true. Being right about the last two months is irrelevant.

Ya, I was wrong, but I'm not being owned by any child with a Mickey Mouse watch.
Old 13-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #40
Mookie

Thanks for fixing that up so emphatically, Silencer!

Based on what I read, see and hear about McCullough, I think he may be the type of player who can thrive in this league. He is undersized for the PF slot (although he'll likely play there at times), but I have a feeling that he will be the type of hustle player (particularly under Robilliard) who makes the plays that count and inspires the whole team.

Plus, who couldn't like a guy that was described thus:

“Taj McCullogh runs funny, but it’s an inspiring kind of funny run.”
- Jake The Snake, Bullets Forever
(http://www.bulletsforever.com/2008/7...league#7399549)

I'm certainly not looking for a title this season for the Kings -- I'll be happy to watch a team that demonstrably tries hard every night and pulls out enough exciting wins to keep the fans interested. The value in attending a sports match and following a team is not always all about the win.
Old 13-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #41
angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
You could have put him nearer to me. I'm not that comfortable being so close to Lawsy.
Old 13-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #42
KingsDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie View Post

Based on what I read, see and hear about McCullough, I think he may be the type of player who can thrive in this league. He is undersized for the PF slot (although he'll likely play there at times), but I have a feeling that he will be the type of hustle player (particularly under Robilliard) who makes the plays that count and inspires the whole team.

Plus, who couldn't like a guy that was described thus:

“Taj McCullogh runs funny, but it’s an inspiring kind of funny run.”
- Jake The Snake, Bullets Forever
(http://www.bulletsforever.com/2008/7...league#7399549)

I'm certainly not looking for a title this season for the Kings -- I'll be happy to watch a team that demonstrably tries hard every night and pulls out enough exciting wins to keep the fans interested. The value in attending a sports match and following a team is not always all about the win.
Well when I got to meet him the first thing I noticed was that this guy is big! A lot of the highlights I've seen have been him out in the open floor where he looks kinda like a small forward in terms of athleticism. But seeing him next to Julian, there's not much difference in terms of height. I think having guys like Raj and Rod who are athletic but can also shoot the ball could make for some real exciting lineup options for Moose.
Old 13-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #43
KingsDave

Quote:

I haven't seen anything from the Kings re: Taj McCullogh... quick twitter search for him returned kochie_online's post:

So hopefully we might see something on the tv soon, but it would be good for the Kings fans if we could get a sneak peek or have it posted online when it's televised?

Did Taj make any other appearances? Will there be any feedback on any questions posted?
We're editing a video interview now which should be up by tomorrow. Hope you guys get to see it.
Old 13-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #44
Mookie

Good stuff, Dave. Looking forward to it.
Old 13-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #45
boz_novocastrian
Send a message via MSN to boz_novocastrian

There are a few of us Kings fans who are general fans of the game like myself and a few others on here

So Far 2 Taranaki Players have made in to the NBL:
Jeremiah Trueman - Breakers
Dillon Boucher - Breakers

With one still playing in the league:

C'mon Taranaki we want some more from the region make it to the nbl
Old 13-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #46
Cussy+
Boards+ Member

Well you guys should support your team to the fullest as if it's your last.
Old 13-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #47
boz_novocastrian
Send a message via MSN to boz_novocastrian

In terms of Newcastle/Hunter region doubt they will get an NBL team for some time as a result of the 2 failed efforts upto now.

So Far 2 Taranaki Players have made in to the NBL:
Dillon Boucher - Breakers

With one still playing in the league:

C'mon Taranaki we want some more from the region make it to the nbl
Old 14-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #48
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel View Post
You could have put him nearer to me. I'm not that comfortable being so close to Lawsy.
While we're on that topic, can we swap places? I'm a bit intimidated where I am...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDave
We're editing a video interview now which should be up by tomorrow. Hope you guys get to see it.
Thanks for the updates Dave, always great to hear stuff like that... Maybe not jus ton here, but it's good filler for Twitter as well, random little comments like that... Also gives the fans a feeling that they're getting a bit of inside/preview info...

Quote:
not wanting to derail the purpose of this thread, replies to the delightful mattic and Cussy in the Kings thread...