TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Old School > NBL Archive

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
KingsDave
Sydm KINGS FANS: A message from the Sydney Kings

Hi everybody,

This is Dave from the Sydney Kings. If you were registered as an Early Bird you would have already heard from me. First off I want to apologise for the email glitch that happened last night. It was rather embarrassing, undoubtedly, and I deeply regret it. I can say that all of us including myself have been working day and night in order to get this thing set up properly, and going forward I have full confidence that we will get it right for our fans.

I wanted to connect with you guys here to get some solid feedback on what you would like to see happening with the team. Personally, as a fan foremost and an employee second, I am thrilled that the new Kings have been built from the top down the right way. This starts from former coach and Kings legend Bob Turner as General Manager, Ian 'Moose' Robilliard as Head Coach and former champion Brian Goorjian in a consultancy role. We are also very excited to have former Perth coach Conner Henry on as an Assistant Coach.

If there is anything that you feel can be improved, based on what we've established so far, please let me know and I will personally endeavour to make it happen.

Many of the issues relating to ticket sales on our website have now been resolved. Check out our site and see for yourselves! Remember if you were an early bird you will need to log in (PM me for help if you need any).

Finally, I just want to talk some basketball and this board is definitely the best place to do it in Oz.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say, positive or negative. Bring on the Kings!

Kind regards,
Dave
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
FaceAndBum

Who is "Dave" from the Sydney Kings?.

Is this guy 4 real or what?.

Someone join up as "Bob" or "Moose" from the Sydney kings and start posting.

"Now when I put it down, oh yep I do IT,
And when I put it down, oh yes I do IT,
And when I put it down, oh yep I do IT,
And when I put it down, oh yes I do IT."

Best lyrics ever. also the sound effects, especially the scratching, are just cool. It's like it was made in a ProStudio. $1.69 well spent.

"Your Mum has a little 'look' around the place"
Old 12-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
KingsDave

Yep I'm for real.

Bob and Moose are a little busy at the moment. I'm here to act as an intermediary.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
Cussy+
Boards+ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceAndBum View Post

Bob already post here, under a different username. I can't remeber which one.

But seriously, what difference does it make who conveys the message? Kings fans needed to be informed of a few issues. Whether it came from Moose, Goorj, or one of the hangers-on like BJ Carter, is irrelevant.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
LionsPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
Bob already post here, under a different username. I can't remeber which one.

But seriously, what difference does it make who conveys the message? Kings fans needed to be informed of a few issues. Whether it came from Moose, Goorj, or one of the hangers-on like BJ Carter, is irrelevant.
It is Dave Robuck, the club's ticket and sponsor servicing manager.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
Cussy+
Boards+ Member

Then he is the perfect person to relay a ticketing issue, and good on him for doing so.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
DDFan

Quote:
Then he is the perfect person to relay a ticketing issue, and good on him for doing so.
Indeed, it's refreshing that have someone like Dave that's ready to stand up, face the music & do his best to put things right.
Now hear me out Dave, give all the Kings fans that are on my "contact & friends list" Platinum seats, & we're done mate.
Sometimes giving a little, brings a lot. Look after the goodens & they crowd out the bads.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #8
Cussy+
Boards+ Member

And try and put Cesar and Nerf Herder next to each other too.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
DDFan

Quote:
And try and put Cesar and Nerf Herder next to each other too.
I'd very much like that to happen. I love'm both, & if they've clashed in the past, now's be the perfect chance for them to put it all behind 'em & celebrate the return of the team that they both love.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
KingsDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
I'd very much like that to happen. I love'm both, & if they've clashed in the past, now's be the perfect chance for them to put it all behind 'em & celebrate the return of the team that they both love.
Haha I'd love to instigate such an emotional reunion!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #11
bogut

Dave,

Any idea if Rodney O will be back? What about the band? How are season tickets going, have the Kings got much corporate support?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
KingsDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogut View Post
Dave,

Any idea if Rodney O will be back? What about the band? How are season tickets going, have the Kings got much corporate support?
Don't expect Rodney O back. Not sure about the band yet. Ticket sales and support have been FANTASTIC. Honestly, it's amazing how many people share the same goal as us...returning the Kings to glory. We are focused on packing the Kingdome once again and I promise you that people are underrating the team. We will be competitive.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
Clips
Never Forget

Dave,

I'm sure you've heard of a guy called Clint Dogg. He is a real DJ. He produces his own music and has even been locked up before, which makes him look like a real bad boy. What are the chances of getting him for the Kings?

I understand that with his hire, he also provides a guy in a Silent Bob costume, who can hold up promotional signs for you at half time. He has plenty of experience at it.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
curious
Watching TS

Good to see the Kings organistaion posting here.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #15
Derek
Not dead

Quote:

When someone registers here claiming to be from a club, it's pretty easy to verify whether they are for real.

DN
Old 12-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #16
Dunkin' Dan
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clips View Post
Dave,

I'm sure you've heard of a guy called Clint Dogg. He is a real DJ. He produces his own music and has even been locked up before, which makes him look like a real bad boy. What are the chances of getting him for the Kings?
With his repertoire it would have worked especially well had the team been called The Mack instead of The Kings, but you can't have everything I suppose.
And talking about cred, he records rap tracks like, makes music videos of them like, they get played on Rage like.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #17
mattic
Mr. Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDave View Post
it's amazing how many people share the same goal as us...returning the Kings to glory.
I hope that's a long term goal and the immediate one is to turn in solid performances both on and off the court. Being fiscally responsible is more important for you than glory right now.

The vast majority of Kings fans on here are woofing about glory and championships ad nauseum; and when it starts leaking into the club hierarchy it's a cause for concern. Hopefully, with you, it's just high spirits and you do have some bottom and gravitas. You seem to be a great communicator and have the best interests of those ticket-seeking fans at heart and it's great to see. Welcome.

Just don't woof

Last edited by mattic; 12-07-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #18
Stumps
Fightin' around the world

Quote:

Or Rick Burton, or a Hummer rep.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #19
KingsDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattic View Post
I hope that's a long term goal and the immediate one is to turn in solid performances both on and off the court. Being fiscally responsible is more important for you than glory right now.

The vast majority of Kings fans on here are woofing about glory and championships ad nauseum; and when it starts leaking into the club hierarchy it's a cause for concern. Hopefully, with you, it's just high spirits and you do have some bottom and gravitas. You seem to be a great communicator and have the best interests of those ticket-seeking fans at heart and it's great to see. Welcome.

Just don't woof
It's about providing a great experience for the fans, both die-hards and the general public. Whether you look at it from a basketball standpoint or a financial standpoint, the goals are the same. If you have a group of people who want to put a quality, winning product out there every night and are willing to go the extra mile to make it happen, the results will be positive on both sides of the coin.

I wouldn't be getting involved in this if I thought we were just trying to capitalise on our legacy, and that it would be easy to grab it. It's not. But again, the people involved are all highly motivated, basketball people, and we are all fighting to get this team and this sport where it needs to be.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #20
FaceAndBum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDave View Post
Don't expect Rodney O back. Not sure about the band yet. Ticket sales and support have been FANTASTIC. Honestly, it's amazing how many people share the same goal as us...returning the Kings to glory. We are focused on packing the Kingdome once again and I promise you that people are underrating the team. We will be competitive.
I have it from good info that he will be back, doing the announcing. With some cherry on top too. So how credible are you, and your posts?.

"Now when I put it down, oh yep I do IT,
And when I put it down, oh yes I do IT,
And when I put it down, oh yep I do IT,
And when I put it down, oh yes I do IT."

Best lyrics ever. also the sound effects, especially the scratching, are just cool. It's like it was made in a ProStudio. $1.69 well spent.

"Your Mum has a little 'look' around the place"
Old 12-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #21
photodude

maybe its joycefan secretly ???
Seems to have known association to a club but is in fact delirious....
Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #22
Alex_Traitor

Joycefan had the spelling and grammar skills of a retarded gnat. It's obviously not him.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #23
Clips
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Traitor View Post
Joycefan had the spelling and grammar skills of a retarded gnat. It's obviously not him.
Karmah.

That will teach u 2 stop ripping off the public and disabled people and coming to our country and treating us like morons.
Old 13-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #24
Alex_Traitor

Who's doing what now?
Old 13-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #25
gangsta boo
Dorothy McShane

I'd trust what Dave says before anything f n b says

Gene: What as opposed to one of those I-really-really-like-you sort of murders?