TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Old School > NBL Archive

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
DDFan
Default Dunlap wants credit for 36er success

An interesting POV & all credit to shot daddy on hoops.com.au for bringing it up.

Here's the link:

http://hoops.com.au/forum/23275-dunl...championships/

I'm very appreciative of the sentiments that've been posted by our locals to this time.

What are your thoughts?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
DDFan

In the hope of stimulating meaningful discussion amongst us basketball lov'n OzHos, Robert Rose wouldn't have left Adelaide for Townsville (passed on to me by a very reliable source, who I trust implicitly), if it weren't for Mike Dunlap.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
DDFan

I'm now totally confused & openly embarrassed. I remember Phil Smyth's first playing return to The Arena in Canberra as a 36er, & we got absolutely belted by the Cannons, who incidentally snapped up Robert Rose & Chris Blakemore, both 36er off-casts. I have flashes of Paul Rogers (traditionally, 36er rookies spent yeeeeears sitting on the bench, unexposed to any other team of their potential) playing meaningful & productive minutes in that game.
Was that the season that Dave Claxton was forced into being Head Coach (initially signed as 1st assistant to Mike Dunlap), when Mike returned to the US for family reasons?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
nonuthing

Dunlap is in Oz right now for Worthingtons wedding up in Cairns. A whole mob of Aussie stars are up ther so all you Taipans sit easy it is a celebration not an amazing recruiting coup.