TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Old School > NBL Archive

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
swish
Default The Melbourne Tigers Should Have Chased LeBron

An entertaining thought, good article - http://www.thebigtip.com.au/basketba...ebron-exposure

Quote:
I would have liked the Melbourne Tigers to enquire with the Victorian Government if there was a possibility that they would be willing to pay James $400,000 per game for one season. If itís money that is good enough to be spent on Woods, isnít the money also just as well spent on James?

Last edited by swish; 03-07-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
bev

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish View Post
An entertaining thought, good article - http://www.thebigtip.com.au/basketba...ebron-exposure
Be fair.
How many hours are they actually paying for?
Old 03-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
mattic
Mr. Pink

Hehehe! I quite like the idea he put forward. Sounds like fun.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
Derek
Not dead

As long as they sent a few hundred bucks my way to cover the bandwidth bill for the inevitable salary-cap argument meltdown, I'm all for it. :P

DN
Old 04-07-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
The Glove
Really.

Send a message via MSN to The Glove

would they try and down grade his point value also so they could also sign Chris Bosh ?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
DDFan

I've Google imaged Le Bron James & even though I've heard of him, he doesn't strike me as a player the Tigs should be going after.
I saw Kobe Bryant drag his team to another NBA title on One HD (a superb FTA station that's available to the masses) & he'd be the one that I'd target. That might put Le Bron's nose outta joint enough for him to accept coming off the bench, AND within the NBL's guidelines.
I'm not up to speed on the NBA, so maybe I'm talk'n rubbish, how tall are these guys?

I've only posted this in the hope that Seamus might be guilted into propping Teh Derek's bandwidth.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
j-mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
I've Google imaged Le Bron James & even though I've heard of him, he doesn't strike me as a player the Tigs should be going after.
I saw Kobe Bryant drag his team to another NBA title on One HD (a superb FTA station that's available to the masses) & he'd be the one that I'd target. That might put Le Bron's nose outta joint enough for him to accept coming off the bench, AND within the NBL's guidelines.
I'm not up to speed on the NBA, so maybe I'm talk'n rubbish, how tall are these guys?

I've only posted this in the hope that Seamus might be guilted into propping Teh Derek's bandwidth.
Yeah, we're actually going after Yao Ming, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Dwight Howard.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
Mookie

I fear this would just be another case of Pacific Shrinkage and that when he arrives here he'll only be 6'3" and shy of 100kg. Plus, didn't he lose to Brett Brown's team in the 2007 NBA Finals? Technically, this makes Paul Rees a better player than him, since he won a title under Brown.

Now, Adam Morrison, that's a guy the Tigers should be looking at to take over Gaze's mantle.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #9
Clips
Never Forget

With that filthy little stubble mo he has, he would fit right in as a mexican tiger.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
Mookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clips View Post
With that filthy little stubble mo he has, he would fit right in as a mexican tiger.
For sure! The thing is, a guy like Ammo could stay in the NBA and be classed as a failure forever, or he could come to a league like the NBL, where athleticism is at a premium and be a hero for his entire career (in the mould of Gaze). Sure, he might get paid marginally less, but it'd be so much more rewarding.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
Clips
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
For sure! The thing is, a guy like Ammo could stay in the NBA and be classed as a failure forever, or he could come to a league like the NBL, where athleticism is at a premium and be a hero for his entire career (in the mould of Gaze). Sure, he might get paid marginally less, but it'd be so much more rewarding.
I'm sure we can find some trace of Australian in him too if he wanted to play at the Olympics. It worked for Chris Kaman.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #12
Mookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clips View Post
I'm sure we can find some trace of Australian in him too if he wanted to play at the Olympics. It worked for Chris Kaman.
Ammo's moustache actually comes from his father's side -- Boonie was the father, on a night of passion during a cricket tour.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #13
Clips
Never Forget

Old 05-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
haggard

Quote:
Ammo's moustache actually comes from his father's side -- Boonie was the father, on a night of passion during a cricket tour.
explains why he's no good at basketball... doesn't explain the height.

and to keep this on topic....

Last edited by haggard; 05-07-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: the back on topic tangent..
Old 05-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #15
DDFan

Quote:
Word has it, he was driving a motor vehicle at the time.

The guy's a legend.

Clips Stumps & through to the Glove. Take a walk Mookster.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #16
Cussy+
Boards+ Member

Didn't Ammo break a record for drinking most cans of Coke on a flight from LA to Charlotte?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #17
DDFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggard View Post
explains why he's no good at basketball... doesn't explain the height.

and to keep this on topic....

Warrick Giddey's got tatts?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #18
Mookie

Nice 'shopping haggard.

TC, you're right and I think you'll find that Ammo was also the guy idolised on the D'Gen's Late Show as a dead-set legend.

DDFan, you got me there.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
DDFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
Didn't Ammo break a record for drinking most cans of Coke on a flight from LA to Charlotte?
He won by a nose.

Oooops, wrong Coke.