TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Basketball > Women's National Basketball League

Notices

Old 09-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #51
Leftfield

I loved the Tuggeranong tin shed, the atmosphere was always excellent and it was where the Caps played their best basketball. The seats were a little harsh on the butt, but a cushion fixed that and an afternoon games can get a little steamy if it's a hot day but other than those little gripes I enjoyed a lot more than the AIS.
Old 30-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #52
Dene15

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spor...29-gnt74q.html

Caps appoint new coach- Paul Gorris. Thoughts? I know very little about this man. Personally was hoping for Chris Lucas but I hope for the best that this is a new and exciting era for the Capitals.
Dene15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2016, 07:02 AM   #53
imported_jumper

i think he has been at the AIS and was coach of the Australian U19w
imported_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #54
Swish83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene15 View Post

Caps appoint new coach- Paul Gorris. Thoughts? I know very little about this man. Personally was hoping for Chris Lucas but I hope for the best that this is a new and exciting era for the Capitals.
Not sure why you thought Lucas was even a chance. He's secured back-to-back titles with Townsville and made semi's in the two seasons prior. Of course Townsville are going to try their best to retain him. Plus, his family is Adelaide-based, so if he was to be lured anywhere it would be the Lightning for sure.
Swish83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 02:53 PM   #55
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene15 View Post

I think Gorris is a great hire, his connection with the AIS goes back a long way so many of the players that have come through there have a connection with him. Among others I know he has a good relationship with is Marianna Tolo who has been back in Canberra rehabbing for a while now and she would be a good addition
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #56
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjj View Post
I think Gorris is a great hire, his connection with the AIS goes back a long way so many of the players that have come through there have a connection with him. Among others I know he has a good relationship with is Marianna Tolo who has been back in Canberra rehabbing for a while now and she would be a good addition
gorris working out well to date. surprised by the dominance of Tolo this season. i know she has the experience but it is a new side to her game seeing her as a scorer. she has been so consistent this season it has been a pleasant surprise
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote