TheBoards

Go Back   TheBoards > Old School > High Stakes Hoops

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
angry ant
Tvone Day 3--8th April

Discuss all issues concerning games played on the 8th of April here.

Thursday 8 April
11:00 am Fleet v Cyclones
1:00 pm Reef v Coasters
3:00 pm Rush v Monarchs
5:00 pm Pythons v Rays
Old 07-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
angry ant

I think they said kids get in free tomorrow (8th) when with an adult...
Old 08-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
upnorth

Fleet v Cyclones.... Fleet SHOULD be able to account for the Cyclones with relative ease and be able to rest up some guys for tomorrows Semi-Final.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
meg
really hot chix

I'm having trouble accessing the box scores from day 1. Every time I click on the link, it takes me to day 2. Annoying...anyone got a copy of day one's box scores?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
Prodigal

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg View Post
I'm having trouble accessing the box scores from day 1. Every time I click on the link, it takes me to day 2. Annoying...anyone got a copy of day one's box scores?

Have you scrolled right down? I was looking at the Day 2 ones this morning and Day 1 was on the same page
Old 08-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
meg
really hot chix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
Have you scrolled right down? I was looking at the Day 2 ones this morning and Day 1 was on the same page
Oh, I see now. Thanks.
I just kept clicking the day one link and day two kept popping up. It's quite a painful format for comparisons, but at least it's there.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
meg
really hot chix

Early starting Bastards! Just put the telly on and we're in the third quarter! (And my man Dann is having a shocker!! )
Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
meg
really hot chix

Hehe. Gee I hope JR gets a commentary job! To Rupert sapwell, wearing a Hawaiian Shirt "I see you have your Magnum PI gear on", and on hearing Sapwell is about to finish his teaching degree "At least you'll be smarter in the classroom than on the court!"
Funny stuff...
Old 08-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
upnorth

HAHAHA, i got busy during that game (and lost a bit of interest). I missed the Magnum PI call... that's funny stuff.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #10
Clips
Never Forget

I'm only flicking back and forth, but Ronaldson doesn't seem to be doing too bad on the mic.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
Clips
Never Forget

Coasters lead the Reef 112 - 111, Reef with the ball, 9 seconds left...

Reef attack, nothing on, kick it back out to the 3...

... Kevin Radsch (?) says GTFO!! Shot stuffed on the buzzer.

Coasters by 1.

Last edited by Clips; 08-04-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #12
upnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clips View Post
I'm only flicking back and forth, but Ronaldson doesn't seem to be doing too bad on the mic.
Yes, Ronaldson did really well. I think the commentary suits him much better than the sideline position. He had a lot of good things to talk about during the game.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
meg
really hot chix

The crowd is getting bigger. I can actually hear them today.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #14
upnorth

Monarchs... GOOOOONNNNEE. They just couldn't get it together. I would have liked to have seen how they would have performed with an actual coach. Al Green didn't really do much with them I don't think.

I haven't looked at the standings, but I'm guessing that the Rays will beat the Pythons and then end up on top of their pool. I think a Rays vs Fleet final will be a good game, and the final that I would like to see.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #15
Clips
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg View Post
The crowd is getting bigger. I can actually hear them today.
I thought it was rain on my roof when I heard applause. I had gotten used to no crowd.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #16
Voice(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clips View Post
I thought it was rain on my roof when I heard applause. I had gotten used to no crowd.
There was a decent crowd-relatively speaking-for last night's Fleet/Monarchs game. Hodge was getting booed every time he touched the ball at least in the first half.

They did the right thing after Day 1 by pushing everyone into the closer seats to improve the optics and atmosphere. They also had the lights down low up the back so as not to draw attention to the Sydney-esque sparseness.

John Davis (editor, Earth First! Journal)
Old 08-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #17
curious
Watching TS

If I hear the court announcer say "Corey Homocide Williams "again
for the 125th time in this game I will cry. Even Carfino is doing it.
Get over it PLEASE!!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #18
Silencer83
Just call me Trigger ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
If I hear the court announcer say "Corey Homocide Williams "again
for the 125th time in this game I will cry. Even Carfino is doing it.
Get over it PLEASE!!!!!

If one more person spells it Homocide rather than Homicide then... well I won't do anything.

Carry on.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #19
Julian

Old 09-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #20
RedbackVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
That is gold!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #21
DodgeTaylor

Coasters vs Reef was probably the best game so far. Reef upset the Pythons on day 1 and were the best shot at the "cinderella" story considering we didn't give them much chance prior to the tournament.

There was a better "crowd" for the Fleet vs Monarchs game and it was a really good atmosphere.

Yes, disappointing to see the Monarchs lose yesterday ... I text JVG who was commentating at the time saying "we've just lost our villains". With Hodge and a team full of imports, they were always going to be seen as "bad guys" of the tournament. Fleet vs Monarchs in the final would have been the scripted result ... but the Rush played well and are under-rated.

Fleet and Ray are the two best organised and most professional teams (in my opinion) and I think it shows on-court.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:25 AM   #22
Voice(s)

Day 3 scores:

FLEET 107 (Schenscher 24, Farley, Jackson 19, Luettgerodt 18, Forman 12, Goulding 10) d CYCLONES 69 (George 14, Woodberry 13, Reed 10)

COASTERS 112 (Davison 31, Ratzch, Helms 20, McMillan 10) d REEF 111 (Fitzgerald 22, Hoare 19, Curtis 18, Borgen 17)

RUSH 117 (Rose 25, Threatt 20, Bridgewater 19, Green 17, Harrell 15, Dillon 13) d MONARCHS 100 (Hodge 29, Allred 22, O'Gallagher 17)

RAYS 130 (Lisch 25, Robinson 19, Crawford, Allen, Ronaldson 17, Hill 13, Martin 10) d PYTHONS 94 (Williams 27, Rillie 19, Danridge 18, Lum 12).

John Davis (editor, Earth First! Journal)