InkSpot Preston Market
Southern Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
2sc945
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Joe View Post
Onwards & upwards.
I'm looking forward to seeing a new head coach and a brand new roster.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA
2sc945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:32 PM   #3
s**tkicker

JK, Hill and the Imports wont be back.
Old 13-02-2017, 11:34 AM   #4
Nerf Herder

Ok, so the players that have deals for next season are:

Lisch (2yrs)
Newls (2yrs)
Cadee (1yr)
Garlepp (1yr)
Maric (Option [team?])

Remaining players:
Khazzouh
Prewster
Moller
McDowell-White (Dev)
Whittington^
Powell^
Jackson^
Hill

Agree that Hill won't be back, was never overly sold on him last season, but he got screwed this season with playing time and had showed that he was capable of contributing when the team was going shit...

Imports I've gone completely off... Powell started with a lazy attitude on court it seemed, but people were like "oh that's just how he plays" and "he's just getting used to the league" and every once in a while would show some hustle and pull off a nice play... But those were few and far between and his lack of effort and direct mistakes, contributed to costing us more than one game...

Greg started off great and I thought we'd finally gotten the long athletic 4 that we were after, but something just went off with him and his attitude just kept getting worse and worse... Sure, he got the raw end of the stick in a lot of games but every player cops some dodgy calls, you just need to play through it... But it just seemed to effect him worse and worse as the season went on, to the point in our last home game that during some FTs at the other end of the court, he came sulking back to our bench like he wanted to have a sit down, but Gaze had to tell him to go back out... Extraordinarily bad body language in the last third of the season... No idea what was going on with him, but it was seriously off...

Not sure about Jules... At his best, he would bea n asset, but even before his injury he wasn't playing to that since he'd come back from OS... If we can get him cheaper due to lack of other options? I'd be ok with him coming back...

I still say someone like Jesse Sanders would compliment our local talent really very well... Great defender and floor leader able to take the ball out of Kev's hands because that dude was BURNT OUT...

Someone like Boone would be a great get... He was no mess, no fuss, a hard worker and could point up points when needed... An ex-nba "star" isn't required, just someone who does all the big and little things he did...
Old 14-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #5
Daevo
Extraordinary Member

Send a message via MSN to Daevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sc945 View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing a new head coach and a brand new roster.
So am I & based on past performances you'd think it was to be expected but I think we are both likely to be disappointed, much like Kings fans are nearly every year
Daevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 04:02 PM   #6
Trekky1

Gaze is contracted for 3 years

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...70050cf03569d7
Trekky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 10:42 PM   #7
2sc945
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekky1 View Post
* hapless *

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA
2sc945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 07:24 AM   #8
Nerf Herder

There's always the old favourite to get out of contracts... "personal matters to deal with"